Graduate Programs in Deaf Education
国产偷拍视频The Graduate Programs in Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing at Flagler College provide comprehensive training and professional development to prepare and support teachers and related service providers working with students who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing (D/HH). Students may enter the graduate program as either degree-seeking pursuing a Master’s or as non-degree seeking pursuing an endorsement or individual courses for professional development.
a learning experience without limits
Master of Arts - Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
The Master of Arts - Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing program at Flagler College is a fully accredited online program committed to preparing qualified educators to meet the needs of an increasingly diverse population of children who are deaf and hard of hearing. If you are looking for an undergraduate program in Education of the Deaf an Hard of Hearing, please click here.
Several tracks for study are offered, including:
Endorsements For Florida Teachers
- A maximum of 9 credits of high-quality graduate work done at a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an officially recognized degree-granting international institution may be applied toward the requirements for a Master's. However, credits earned to complete a previous Master's degree elsewhere may not be applied to the Flagler graduate degree. All hours must be completed prior to enrolling in the Flagler Master’s program.
- Approval to apply any transferred credits toward a degree program must be granted by the student's academic advisor, the program director, and the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Transfer credits must meet the following criteria:
- Earned at a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an officially recognized degree-granting international institution
- Be of "A" or "B" grade value ("B-" grades are not acceptable; pass-fail grades are not transferable unless substantiated by the former institution as having at least "B" quality)
- Appear on an official graduate transcript
- Earned within five years prior to the date of registration to the degree program at Flagler.
- If transferring credits from a university/college that is on quarter hours, quarter hours are converted to semester hours by multiplying the number of quarter hours by two-thirds.
Students wishing to submit a complaint or grievance regarding their participation in the graduate program should contact Laura Stevenson, Assistant to the President, at email@example.com国产偷拍视频. If the student is dissatisfied with the result, the student has the right to appeal the College's decision within the institution. If the student is not satisfied with the institutional decision, s/he may appeal complaints to the FL-SARA Council () once they have exhausted all complaint procedures at Flagler College.Back To Top
Are all of the Master’s courses online?
Yes, all of the Master’s courses are online with the exception of EDD 545 Practicum in Working with Students who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing (a 3-week summer residence in St. Augustine, Florida).
When does the program start?
国产偷拍视频The Master’s Program begins in the fall only, Endorsement Programs and Non-Degree Courses could begin in the fall or spring sessions.
Does the program include a path to a teaching license or certification?
At this time, it does not.
What is the program's philosophy/approach related to ASL vs. Oral?
We are a very balanced program. Our goal is to support students in becoming high-quality teachers so that they are prepared to work in any educational setting with students using any communication modality.
What is the format like online and is it more self-lead, heavy teacher involvement, or both?
The online courses we offer are asynchronous. This means that the content and assignments are available to you to complete in your available time. Each class is 8 weeks long and instructors typically organize their courses into 8 week-long modules. Instructors provide students with deadlines for assignments. The expectation is that students will interact with the course for a minimum of 4 days per week. Instructors are readily available to "meet" with students through email, video phone, or phone.
Are the Endorsement Programs applicable nationwide, or is it only for Florida?
Both Endorsement Programs are designed for the state of Florida’s requirements, however – please contact your state’s DOE for more information on their requirements. Often times they are very similar.
Is there any substitution for the ASLPI requirement? For example, a BA in interpreting or an EIPA score?
国产偷拍视频At this time, we can only accept the or to determine an acceptable level of proficiency.
Is there a deposit for the graduate programs?
Yes, there is a $500 deposit required upon admission to the program for all degree/endorsement-seeking students. The $500 will be applied to your first-semester tuition.Back To Top